This is a chocoholic’s dream recipe and offers “balance” to healthy living. It is the equivalent of a personal hug offering indulgent cocoa comfort just when you may need it the most.
I have tried this recipe using different brands of ingredients but I have found that by using “Green and Black”, organic products and spelt flour the sensual experience on your taste buds is just orgasmic and worth every cent of the indulgence.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Oven Temperature: 180 degrees
Settling Time: Leave stand for at least 10 minutes to cool
- 2 cups of sugar
- 250gms butter
- ¾ cup cocoa (Green & Black Organic)
- 1 ½ cups of white spelt flour
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 family block of chocolate (cut into chunks) I have used Green & Black Organic Dark Chocolate
- 1 pullet of raspberries (added to the mixture just before placing into the oven)
- ¼ cup of sultana’s (optional)
- ¼ cup of ground almonds (optional)
- Melt butter
- Beat in the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. BEAT WELL
- Add all the dry ingredients including the chopped up chunks of chocolate
- Place in a lined sponge roll tin or similar small tin
- Gently place the raspberries haphazardly through the top of the mixture and bake for 25 – 30 minutes approximately
- When cool cut into squares and dust with icing sugar, sit back and enjoy every finger licking second.