In Therapy Yoga, emphasis is placed on working with the mental and physical conditions of you the individual.
Yoga techniques such as posture, breath work and meditation are used to help assist you in pain management, facing health challenges at any level and help you to manage the effects of your specific condition / illness. Over time yoga can help you to reduce symptoms, restore balance, increase vitality, and improve your overall mental attitude towards the illness or condition. It may not cure you but it will go a great distance in helping you to manage the illness / condition with regards to how it affects you.
Benefits of Therapy Yoga:
- It offers the tools to help you cope with an illness or injury.
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Helps in the management of pain
- Helps to relieve your nervous system
- Teaches self-acceptance
- Stretches your muscles
- Increases range of mobility in joints
- Stretches soft tissues
- Improves muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Increases flexibility and strength bringing about better posture
- Increases body awareness
- Increases lung capacity improving sports performance and endurance.
- Promotes relaxation in the body
- Improves concentration and focus
- Lowers blood pressure and slows heart rate
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves energy levels.
- Improves sleep through relaxation techniques
- Relief of physical, mental and emotional tension
Therapy Yoga adapts the practice of yoga to the needs of you, the client. Your specific or persistent health problem which may not usually be addressed in a general group setting will be specifically addressed in a therapy setting.
A class plan will be produced to assist in the addressing your ailment. This is particularly helpful when recovering from or living with an injury or illness. We are all different and individual so what might be appropriate and right for one individual, however, may cause injury or even be ineffective in another.
Modern day living often leaves us over stimulated. This creates anxiety stress and the over production of adrenaline and cortisole leading to stress disorders like fatigue and insomnia. Yoga, meditation and breathing will help soothe your nervous system naturally and effectively. This will release the feel natural good hormones such as dopamine (The reward hormones), endorphins (the calm hormones), oxytocin (the love hormones) and seratonin (the will-power hormones).
Therapy Yoga relieves stress and promotes recovery from an injury or illness. Sessions are modified to specifically fit the needs of any client as we use physical assessment, observation of movement, posture, breath and non-verbal communication, to determine the needs and goals of the client.
Therapy Yoga is open to all.